Group Stage Summary

Before the tournament kicked off, I made some predictions about how I felt the tournament would progress. 










As you can see, I was fairly accurate in my predictions. 
I didn't expect the dismal campaign Egypt endured, and was suprised that Lewandowski didn't have the tournament we all expected him to. I also, albeit unfairly, underestimated Switzerland. I don't think anyone could say that they expected the holders to be knocked out so early on, and Low's side had a dreadful campaign, carrying on the curse of the holders.

So now I have updated my predictions, which sees; Uruguay beat Portugal, Spain to beat Russia, France knock out Messi and Argentina, Croatia to beat Denmark, Brazil knock out the impressive Mexico, Switzerland beat Sweden, Belgium knock out Japan and England beat Columbia, 


 The quarter final sees France knock out Uruguay, Spain to beat Croatia, Brazil knock out Belgium and England to knock out Switzerland
 Brazil beat France and England knock out Spain to set up a Europe vs South America final


Now, this is probably optimism coming through, but I have England to beat Brazil in the World Cup Final. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France vs Uruguay Review

England vs Tunisia Preview

Brazil vs Belgium Review